|A postcard and bookmarks|
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Back To Writing
Friday, June 29, 2018
SGMR Classic: Worst. Idea. Ever
I saw something today that really made me think. While driving to work this morning, I saw a guy driving and, at the same time, shaving with a cordless electric shaver. I'm pretty sure that the inventor of the cordless electric shaver was not thinking of this as a possible use and I don't really know why we need such an invention. I will admit that I do own one of these devices. I got it as a Christmas gift one year and I do like it, but I do use it while plugged in.
1. Well, I have to travel overseas and I don't have a 220AC to 110AC adapter. Nope. If you travel overseas you will either have a few days to prepare and be able to get an adapter or you will already have one.
2. I travel for a living for meetings and have to look my best. Sorry. If you simply fly in to an airport, the bathrooms have outlets for just such and emergency. If you stay at a hotel, I have yet to find one that doesn't have outlets in the bathroom.
3. I go camping and don't take a generator with me. If you're camping in a tent or a cabin Grizzly Adams style then you should play the part. You're suppose to be roughing it, either grow a beard or use a straight blade.
4. I often run late for work and I find myself having to shave while driving. If you find yourself having to shave while driving then you should really wake up earlier.
5. If the power goes out I still want to be able to shave. If the power goes out long enough for you to need a shave then you are probably going to be more pissed off about the food spoiling in your refrigerator.
I just can't seem to find a practical reason for the cordless electric shaver. It sounds like it might be a good idea, but then again, there are a lot of things that sound like good ideas at the time. OK, I'm stepping off of my soap box right now. I have more questions during the week.